Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hahahaha

I’ve been meaning to start blogging for as long as I can’t even remember. Glad I’m finally down to writing my first blog :) And obviously only getting down to it does not suffice… ok, what AM I going to write about. What I deem EXTREMELY important in life – a good sense of humour.

Most people appreciate humour. Invariably, there exist dissimilar brands of humour in different people, AND, the same people evolve to develop a predisposition and understanding of different kinds of jokes. As toddlers we’ve laughed with glee at Bhaiya or Didi making funny faces at us, pre-school and school gave birth to the devil in us, we took pleasure in Ramu Kaka losing balance and falling off his bicycle, and in watching mummy tire herself out, running after us with the plate of food we always wrinkled our nose at. Teenage changed our world, to the extent that focus shifted from family, uncles and aunts to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and.. ahem… special friends too :D. This drastic change of orientation, and the typical obsession with everything ‘cool’, led to this silly yearning for scoring high on the popular-o-meter, a tendency to try hard to be funny, and our initiation into the infinite (and occasionally gross) realm of jokes which are unfashionably ‘carnivorous’ :P (Ok, there certainly are exceptions to the kind of progression I’ve described, a.k.a. ‘weirdos’, I guess I’m one of them :D)

A few of us have to be credited for growing out of adolescence to develop this awesomely awesome knack of striking the right chord, no matter what the occasion or circumstance. As far as they're concerned, from a deadly combination of maturity, childlikeness and forthrightness, stems a sense of humour, which I’m absolutely a fan of. I really admire people who have what it takes to make others laugh, at the cost of absolutely nobody’s sentiments, risking only a stomach that hurts like hell after a crazy bout of rofl. I’m kinda reserved, owing to which I don’t really open up to many, and inspite of that I’ve been fortunate enough to have come across these super people who totally dig situational humour (vote for that as the alltime fav), have this uncanny ability to pass funny comments, use super-witty word play to poke fun, make light of anything and everything, are lip-smackingly sarcastic, use high-voltage drama for effects and exaggeration, sniff out every possible opportunity to crack a joke.. these are the people who more often than not hog all the airtime and limelight, and are forever centre stage and very adorably so :) I’m not endowed with this gem of a gift, but do have the sensibilities to value and appreciate this in others, and am I glad or what.

I’ve realised most people who’re effortlessly funny, are the ones extremely candid, who speak their minds and hearts out with no holds barred. I’ve also realised how humour is this great adhesive which aids bonding as fast as araldite, this is from first-hand experience (special mention of ‘THE HAND’ here again :D). Cheers.. to those (my family and friends) who regularly inject this vial of humour in life, which keeps me going, the awesomest thing that ever happened to me :)

23 comments:

  1. hmmm.. should say that it is an awesome start to a blog.. i like it.. good neat 2 min read.. :)

    keep writing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey congrats on ur first blog....u finaly took off leavin me :)
    ne ways a good one to start with and absolutely precise and to the point...good start

    ReplyDelete
  3. @umesh: thanks da :)
    @rucha: tanku!! looking forward to yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Richa !!! Nice blog ..liked it ... got reminded of our chats :) ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa whoa whoa !! tat left me astounded, richa.. i never knew the blogger in u.. tat was awesome !! a gr8 perception of humour... u're bound to attract a lot many fans... atb... keep blogging... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Richa, a really refreshing one. Although I didn’t read the last para (the topic doesn't suit my appetite: P ), but I am definitely looking forward to more such reads. BOOKMARKED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cool!
    read with a wide smile throughout :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice ending paragraphs!!
    nice way of puttin ur views would like to see how u put the general view and wats ur take on sarcasm tat comes accruing with gud timing and gud sense of humor

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome, awesomeness, awesomest....
    one thing's definitely common, both f us r hardcore 'kung-fu panda' fans :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. n ya, as panda wud say, this is

    AWESOME ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. richuu.. what's this bout humour?? you're the world peace kinda person... more on that stuff.. :P
    anyway, cool stuff... looking forward to more..

    ReplyDelete
  13. RICHA! I am so so so glad to have read this :) congrats on finally starting this

    You have always been so good at writing and I am truly happy with this step of urs (check the smile on my face!)

    Keep it going gal - I will be ur unconditional fan to every article :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trust good humour to make ur day n it never disappoints! I come(pretty much like sir henry ward beecher, who originally quoted that ;D )from the school of thought that a person without a sense of humour is like a wagon without springs,jolted by every pebble on the road...Very well written,Richa...As you've rightly pointed out, humour does seem to come naturally to some,whatever be the occasion n it usually stems from de fact dat they speak their mind n have dis uncanny knack of pullin' their own legs(n as hard as they pull others')...
    Lookin fwd to more posts wid bated breath! :P Keep 'em comin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice one Richa...esp aftr our discussion today!!!Humour is absolutely essential and a huge huge turn on;-)...Loved reading the blog...Bring them onn:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. simple, elegent and awesome!
    Nice topic. Good start. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. where is the next post? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. First blog and 23 comments already... Naice !!

    People who have the ability to make fun of others also need to be able to gracefully take a joke to be truly loved and appreciated. I've seen my fair share of people who just stepped on the defensive the moment a word was even uttered about them... which makes the whole thing bitter. But once you find people who carefully sidestep that landmine, its ROFLs all the way.

    It's time you posted something new.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heyy... didnt knw u had started blogging!.. really nice blog!.. I m Impressed!! :)

    ReplyDelete